Aug 11, 2010

A much needed update!

I never claimed to be a good blogger. I try but every few months or so I lose track of it and stop blogging. I want to blog more and maybe someday I will take more time to do it. It's so hard with everything going on with Jake. If we are not going to therapy we are at Children's Hospital running more tests, doctors appointments, etc.. It's a crazy life but I wouldn't change it for anything.

So what's new?? Well Jake is growing up soooo fast. He cut his molars( which were really fun) finally!! He finally started to say MAMA.. It was a proud moment for me. He also said Hi the other day. That was sooooo awesome. He is starting speech therapy in the fall and I think he will be talking up a storm before we know it. He is standing up on his own. He is still a little scared to take a step but I can see that it will be soon before he is off and running.

Summer has been sort of a bummer for us because its been sooo hot and humid and so we've been staying in doors a lot. I wish that it would just be normal out so we can do more outside activities. We haven't really even been up to the cabin this summer because of the heat and because of Jake being sick a lot.

This weekend Jake, Brent, My Mom and I are attending a conference in Minneapolis for NAPVI (National Association for parents of children with visual impairments). We are pretty excited to meet other families and learn about different programs that are out there. I'll update my blog after the conference (sometime this year I hope :)

I will leave you with some recent photos of Jake.
Jake loves bath time.. Look at how long his hair is getting.
His favorite toys are the simple things like a bowl and a spoon

Bath time

I love this shot. He looks sooooo peaceful


That's all I got for now. I will post more pictures soon.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Would love to hear more about everything going on with Jake. Maybe you will call me one of these days. Are you coming to dinner tonight?