Hold the phone....Kim is posting a TFT.. HOLY...
It has been a long long long time since I've posted a THOUGHTS FOR THURSDAY so I decided I would try to get back in the habit of doing this weekly if not bi-weekly. My TFT it pets.
I have to say that my dog Gizmo was my life prior to my son. He is a Boston Terrier/French Bulldog and he is 3.5 years old. Before I had Jacob I was what you would call obsessed with my dog. He could do NO wrong. I loved cuddling with him and would miss him when I was gone. Even while I was in the hospital recovering from having Jacob all I wanted was to cuddle Gizmo because I knew he would make me feel better.
When I got home from the hospital everything changed. I was no longer obsessed with my dog. In fact I sorta couldn't stand him. A while back I read a post from a fellow blogger Mom about her dog. She was at the end of her rope and thinking of getting rid of her dog. I was shocked that her feelings for her dog had changed since she became a Mom and that she would even think about getting rid of a family member. I am not saying I want to get rid of Giz but I understand now.
Since Jacob has come home from the hospital Gizmo is now the most annoying dog in the world. I will tell you why....
1. He barks at everything that walks by and wakes up Jake (who I spent hours getting down)
2. He is always under my feet causing me to trip daily
3. He eats the bathroom garbage if we don't shut the door before we leave
4. If I leave something out like the baby bag he will have the contents spread out all over by the time I come home
5. When I open the door he bolts for the street almost becoming road kill on one occasion
6. He licks the baby
7. He will not lay down instead he just stares at me.. It's creepy...
So my TFT is did your feelings for your pets change once you had kids or for those of you without kids share a story of your annoying pet.