Jun 16, 2017

What's Up Weekend? June 16th, 2017


I can't believe that I haven't blogged since May 26th. Shame on me!! I am in a funk but I am not going back to my old ways where I neglect my blog. So SNAP OUT OF IT!! 
One thing I can always count on when it comes to my blog is my love for my Friday posts. It is a way for me to remind myself of how lucky I am and to be grateful for what I have and who I have in my life. Here is a list of what made me happy this week. 


1. This speaks for itself. Proud Mama!!


2. Since moving into my new office my plant has 5 new flowers. This makes me happy. 10 years of having my own office and this is the first one with a window. I LOVE IT! It makes me so happy. 

3. Since going low carb/no sugar 15 weeks ago I have MISSED BBQ sauce. I was able to find Simple Girl online. They offer samples of their products to try before you buy for 4.99. I tried this last night on ribs. It definitely satisfied my BBQ sauce craving. I'm excited to try the other sauces and marinades in my sample pack. 

4. I finally framed one of Jake's water color pictures. I wish that I could for one minute see the world as he does. He is just so happy all the time. 

5. The moon was just so beautiful that I had to get a pic. Unfortunately my camera didn't want to cooperate. I can't wait until I can get my new camera I've been eyeing for a year. 

6. Mr. J and I were laughing our heads off watching Jake do the hula hoop. This action shots cracks me up!!

7. He jumped for 2 hours. Pure joy!

8. Being silly with my 8 year old brings me such happiness. We took this pic after jumping on the trampoline together.

9. You can get pretty creative when you are a carb junkie that goes low carb/no sugar. I am very happy that when I am being lazy and don't want to cook, I can grab one of these out of my freezer.  

10. I know that this seems like a strange thing to make me happy this week but I am posting it because it made me laugh at how NUTS it was. Who takes a sip of their coffee and it literally breaks in their hand?! That would be me! This is the type of shit that happens to me all the time. I just have to laugh. (or I will cry) 



I hope you all have a fantastic weekend. 







9 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the "real life" feel of this post, and how happy and positive everything is. Your son seems like a shining star!

Shann Eva said...

My wine glass cracked the other night! I love the pic of you and your son, and his watercolor picture is fantastic. Sounds like you guys are having a great summer so far! Enjoy your weekend too!

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Happy Happy Friday my friend!!!! I love how you always include photos in your highlights. Its great!! And that is insane about the coffee cup... wth??!

Mia @ The Chronicles of Chaos said...

Ooh, I need to try those Simple Girl marinades! Eating clean is hard for me, and I almost always get caught up in the sauces and marinades - spaghetti sauce and bbq sauce especially!

mypixieblog said...

What the...how does your coffee turn on you like that?! So messed up!!

I need to try that BBQ sauce--that cauliflower sounds amazing, too.

Awww jake hula hooping and on trampoline made me smile. What a sweet and gifted boy--seriously his watercolor is amazing!!

Emily said...

It looks like you had a great week! I love framing my sons' artwork and also adding them to my art journal. I have never heard of Simple Girl marinades...I'll have to check it out. Have a great weekend.

Shooting Stars Mag said...

A trampoline with a hose? Nice! Love Jake's watercolor.

-Lauren

Beth (Coffee Until Cocktails) said...

Oh man, the coffee cup - if that isn't a metaphor for life I don't know what is, sometimes the coffee cup breaks! Other than that I'm glad you found some other positive things and I hope that your days are getting better sweets!
Beth
http://www.thebethnextdoor.com

The Flynnigans said...

Hey girl,
Don't give yourself grief for not posting. Just post, and don't think about it. We're here when you are. :) How's Jake doing since he was sick?! He looks much, much better.
Your plant is gorgeous! Looks like it's happy with the window, too. :)

Ahhh, my fellow clumsy ass friend. Isn't it GREAT?! Lol

Have a great week hun. ;) xo