Sep 4, 2011

State Fair 2011

Everyone that knows me knows I love the state fair. I look forward to it every year. I would go everyday if it wasn't so expensive to get in. 12 dollars a person is a tad much if you ask me. Last night B and I went to the fair after I got off of work.










You have to get corn when you go to the fair. 


Grandstand




I took this for Giz
After a long night at the fair I started to look a little worn

Love the swings


B actually went on this with me. 

This is my all time favorite ride but of course B wouldn't take me on it.

Midway



We had a great time. Here is a list of what we shared.

Deep fried pickles (my all time favorite food at the fair)
Cheese on a stick
Corn on the cob
Caramel apples in a bowl
Chicago dog
Garlic cheese bread
Beef stick
French Fries

I think that's it. I was so full after we left. I didn't eat much today because I felt guilty. Oh well, it's only once a year.

Happy Labor Day!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got some GREAT pictures!!! Where was the old train stuff? Glad he was feeling up to going, and that you two had a good time!

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

The midway shots from above are so cool! I love the Fair :)

Danifred said...

Looks like so much fun! Fried pickles are one of my absolute favorites to eat. (Now my mouth is watering)

Robyn said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I agree though it costs and arm and a leg to get in. That is why I skipped our fair this year.

Ang said...

Great photos... maybe next year I need to explore some of the other perks of the fair (besides all the food).. I've never been super into the fair, so I don't know what exactly there is to do!

Dana said...

You captured the fair perfectly! I went too but didn't do or eat that much. You guys look really cute in the first photo!

Leslie Collins said...

I LOVE fair food. The caramel apples in a bowl sound a lot easier to eat than on a stick.

LOVE your pic's of the swings and the ferris wheel.