Jul 13, 2009

Jake's benefit

Our friends and family are putting together a benefit for Jake. We are looking for donations for the silent auction and gift baskets. If you know of anyone or if you would like to donate please leave me a message. Anything would be greatly appreciated. We are working on finding a venue that would donate the time or that we could get at a discount.

Update on Jake... Tomorrow he has his pre op appointment with his doctor. His surgery is scheduled for Thursday on one eye and it will take as long as the doctor needs to do what she needs to do. The other eye is scheduled for Friday. Jake and I will be at children's hospital in Saint Paul from Thursday to Saturday. After his surgery we are not sure of all the details on recovery or if he will need more surgeries but more than likely he will need more just from reading about it online. We are hoping that he only needs these. After the surgery it is a long process of therapy. I will not be going back to work for some time because now my full time job is helping my sweet pea see. That is our number one priority.

Please keep our baby in your prayers and I will keep you all updated on how the surgery is going as well as the benefit if you would like to attend.

Thank you,

Kim

3 comments:

Leslie Collins said...

Keep us posted on the surgery. Hope all goes well and my thoughts and prayers are w/ your family and Jake.

Anonymous said...

been thinking of you guys alot ... wishing all the best for a good outcome and speedy recovery... let me know what I can do to help.
~V

Anonymous said...

i hope things go great today and tomorrow. thinking of you and your family.