Oct 7, 2011

Friday Night Leftovers


I haven't blogged in so long I almost forgot that I have one. I am trying to get back into the groove of things so I thought I would start off with a little Friday Night Leftover Post.


  1. B's Mom passed away last week and that is another reason I've been absent. I've spent the week planning her memorial that we are having at our house tomorrow.
  2. I had the pleasure of meeting up with a few of my fellow blogger girls for dinner. More to follow in another post. 
  3. Work has been crazy and I am still trying to get caught up from the time I missed last week. I really love my job and how supportive my co-workers are. 
  4. I was very sad to hear that my dog that I used to have with an ex had to be put down. Gus was an amazing dog and I loved her very much. She will be missed. 
  5. I finally got a new/used car. B totaled the trusty Malibu that we thought would never die. I'm thankful he is ok but I will miss that old car. 
  6. Our landscaping project in our front yard is complete. Pictures to follow in another post.
  7. Highlight of my week was when I was at CUB the other day I stopped at a big bin of childrens books that were marked down 80%. I came across and HUGE puppy book with giant pictures of puppies and  fur to feel and the story was written in very large font. As I was looking at this book I noticed another woman looking through the books as well. I made a comment of how wonderful this book would be for my son who is legally blind and how the print was so large he would be able to see it. I thought about buying it but didn't. I said have a nice day to the woman and walked up to the check out. The woman caught up to be at the checkout with the book and the money for the book and said, "I would like to buy this book for your son". I was so floored by the kindness of this woman. It made my day, my week, my month.
That's all I got for now. I promise to be back soon to post more updates. I also have many photos to share so stay tuned. To my fellow blogger friends out there that are still reading I promise to get back to commenting on your blogs more. 


6 comments:

Dana said...

Sorry about B's mom. That is an awesome thing that woman at Cub did for you! Pay it forward when you can. Hope to see you again soon!

T's Mommy said...

I was getting worried on why you haven't posted. Take care!

Leslie Collins said...

What a sweet lady @ the store.
Glad to hear that B was okay.
Missed reading your blog. Good to hear from you. :)

Leslie Collins said...

What a sweet lady @ the store.
Glad to hear that B was okay.
Missed reading your blog. Good to hear from you. :)

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

What a wonderful gesture for that woman to have bought the book for Jake! I love Random Acts of Kindness (RAK).... Pay it forward someday when you can! It truly can make someone's day or week, you just never know :)

Jessica said...

What a kind thing that woman did for you! Made me smile just reading it (: