May 20, 2016

Happy Friday Week 7!


I spent the week sicker than a dog so finding things that made me happy turned out to be quite the task. I was hit hard with strep and an ear infection and now a FULL BLOW cold. I'm going on day 6 and I can't see the light yet. Instead of 10 things I am going to shorten it to 4 (just for this week).

1. Jake- I am not sure what I did to be blessed with such an amazing little boy. He went above and beyond what a 7 year old should do to help his Mama this week. He stepped up and took the lead as the man of the house this week. He checked on me often and made sure he was on his best behavior. 

2. Having an understanding boss and co-workers that genuinely care about me and were more concerned about how I was feeling then work that I was unable to do. 

3. The Mindy Project- for making me laugh even when it hurts to. 

4. Long soaks in my tub. I need to take more time to do that and not just when I'm sick. 

So there you have it. 4 things that made me happy this week. That wasn't easy. I'm linking up with The Flynnigans , Why Girls are Weird and My Pixie Blog. Check them out!!







4 comments:

mypixieblog said...

Awww, I"m so sorry to hear you have been feeling under the weather but HOW INCREDIBLY sweet of your boy to help out his momma <3 LOVE <3 And love that your hubby was sending sweet texts, too. Nice to know you have people looking out for you.

I have never watched the Mindy Project but I've heard so many good things! I think she's adorable and I really enjoyed her book.

That's okay. Sometimes I make it to 10 things, more often it's 5-7 :) XOXO and happy weekend!

The Flynnigans said...

Jeez, girl, you're still sick?! At least you've kicked the strep throat and now it's just a pesky cold. Hopefully you'll be fully functional by Monday. That's so sweet to hear your boy is taking care of his momma. That reminds of me when I was little, down in Jamaica with my mom, just after my dad died and my mom was so, so sick and unable to get out of bed and she would tell me that I'd always go grab cold face cloths for her and check on her, just to make sure she was alright.

I hope you can enjoy the weekend, even just a wee bit. Take care love! :)
xoxo

Ericka @ A Quiet Girl's Musings... said...

Wow! You've been hit and hit HARD! I hope you are on the upswing soon. I've had those weeks, where it was truly a challenge to come up with 10. I like how you endeavored, though. Even though you couldn't name 10, you named what you could. That's really pretty awesome. Hope you are feeling better soon. Take care.

Mrs.AOK said...

I hope you're feeling better! I'm sorry you didn't feel well all week. Your son is such a good little man, you're doing wonderfully, mama! The world thanks you for raising a good one. ;)
Wishing you a healthy, relaxing, and happy week!
xoxo
www.mrsaokaworkinprogress.com