Nov 17, 2017

What's Up, Weekend? November 17th, 2017


I haven't linked up for a What's Up Weekend? post FOREVER. I used to do these weekly. Trying to get back in the groove.

This week has been dragging and I happy that Friday is finally here. Here is a list of 10 things that made me and happy this week and what I am looking forward to this weekend. 

1. Jake aced his math test... Of course this was after his para lied and said that it wasn't a test(because he has test anxiety). Hey, what ever works, right?! Very proud!

2. My Mom and Sister are coming to stay with me this weekend while Jason is out of town with Camdin. I've been looking forward to this for a long time. They've never been to my house and it will be nice to spend some time together. 

4. My Instant Pot-Why did I not bust you out of the box sooner?! PS I love you!

5. Camdin won 2017 defensive MVP. Great end to his senior year of football. 



6. Jake! He is so freakin sweet! He tells me he loves me about a 100 times a day. I feel so blessed. 

7. Mastering my broccoli cheese soup recipe. 

8. A clean house. Jason and I cleaned the house top to bottom last night. I love the feel of a clean house. 

9. QT with my favorite 8 year old. When we moved to the area and Jake started at AZ he was terrified of the rock wall. Fast forward 6 months and he scales it like a pro. 
10. Jason! I've been less than pleasant this week(PMS) This morning I get a single post it note that says, I love you! 
I loved it! I haven't told him this yet  because I am being a brat but I promise I will.



8 comments:

Kim {Hope Whispers} said...

I so put an instant pot on my Christmas list! Fingers crossed :) . Yay for some time with your mom and sister! And aced math tests! Way to go!! Have a great weekend and Thanksgiving!

Beth (Coffee Until Cocktails) said...

I need to get an Instant Pot. I read so many awesome things about it everywhere! The note from Jake is just the sweetest! I hope you have a great visit with your mom and sister! Have a great weekend! XO
Beth
The Beth Next Door

Shann Eva said...

Awe. So sweet. Nice job to your son on his test (non-test!) I really want an Insta-pot for Christmas, so if I get one, I will want some recipes. Have a great weekend!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Congrats to Jake on acing his test! That's awesome. And congrats to Camdin too; good for him on making MVP!! Sounds like some major wins in the family lately.

And aw, that post it note from Jason is adorable. :) Too sweet.

I hope you have a great weekend with your mom and sister.

-Lauren
www.shootingstarsmag.net

Anonymous said...

That's awesome that he aced his test! You must be so proud! You are the fifth person this week that I've heard about the Instant Pot from. I think I am going to need to look into getting one. :)

Anthea said...

Well done to Jake on his test!
Hope you have a great time with your mom and sister.
I also love a clean house - just makes me feel more organised.
Enjoy your weekend.

San said...

Oh, a weekend with your Mom and sister. That sounds perfect - I'd love for my mom and sister to come visit. Wish they were closer.

coach-daddy said...

Think about it - isn't that the way we teach our kids to ride bikes, or how baby birds learn to fly? The bottom line is now he could navigate a high-stress time like a test with the peace he deserved. Well done.

And congrats on Camdin's award. My own Camdyn is a girl, but she's pretty dang good at defense too.

It's been too long since I've been here.