Jul 14, 2008

Expecting!

I figured out why I am in a funk, it turns out I’m not in a funk I am pregnant. Yep! They say you should wait until you’re through your 1st trimester to make sure everything is ok before you tell anyone. I thought about waiting but then again it would be nice to have advice from all the Mothers out there. I am also very excited and wanted to share the news. I think I am about 7-8 weeks but I am not sure. I haven’t been to the doctor yet but I’ve taken many home tests to confirm this. I am extremely tired and I have morning sickness really bad. I also have to pee like every hour. They say it’s because my uterus is growing so fast and putting pressure on my bladder. I am not sure but it sucks getting up four times a night.
I am 30 years old and by now most of my friends have kids. I really thought that I wasn’t going to have them. I always wanted to be a Mom but I just didn’t see it becoming a reality. I am terrified. I worry about having a miscarriage and about having a healthy baby. I am sure this is normal for new Moms. I just can’t put my head around all of this. I am thinking I won’t until I start to show.
My family and friends are very excited and Brent is too. He is a first time Dad at the age of 37. He thought that he wasn’t going to have a chance to have kids. I just hope that my morning sickness and exhaustion gets better soon because I can’t see it getting any worse.

8 comments:

Kristi said...

I've been thinking a lot about you.... Hoping things fall into place and that things seem less confusing very soon. We'll talk privately about it later :)

jessica said...

hi - jessica from oneswiftclick here. congratulations on the baby. that is exciting. i hope everything works itself out for you!

mr.kissell said...

congrats on the new news from a fathers stand point there is nothing better in the world to see your child born. theres always going to be a scarey point in expecting theres lots. I have a son now 2 today (july 14) i have been scared sence he was born. (if i'm a good father, is he sick) I'm a stay at home dad that cares for a child every day of his and my life. its the best thing ever. i found that the best thing is to LOVE them with all your heart and everything falls into place.

mr.kissell said...

by the way the KIm that I remember will be a GREAT MOM

mr.kissell said...

if you want to contact me its kisskram151@yahoo

beejo said...

wow, congrats!

Michelle Leigh said...

Just hang in there! The first tri can be exhausting and scary. Once you hear the little heartbeat, you will feel a whole lot better. But, you will never stop worrying about this kid, EVER. You will be a great mom and if you ever need some advice, I'd sure be willing to try to help. I have 3, but still am clueless half the time :)

Mom said...

Kim-You know I'm always with you whatever you do. I know you'lle a great Mom. Yhe blog is really great I'll pass the adress on to the rest of the family.Love You Mom