May 5, 2009

Shots

The other day B and I brought little Jacob to the doctor for his 2 month shots. He was so happy to be there..talking and smiling.. Little did he know what would happen. UGH. My heart broke the minute he let out that first cry. It was like someone had tried to kill him. I wanted to cry but held it back. He only cried for a few minutes but it was enough to break Mom and Dads hearts. The doctor said that Jacob is thriving and seems to be a very happy baby. She said that she can see how happy he makes us. That just melted my heart hearing that.
My doctor has been my doctor since I was a kid and is my Mom and Grandma's doctor as well. I was so happy she was able to deliver my baby and is now his doctor too.


Jacob is 12.12 pounds and is 23 inches long. He is growing so fast. Everyday he changes. He is now so vocal. Every morning we lay on the couch and he just talks to me for at least an hour and then he will just fall asleep. It's the funniest thing ever. He is still eating every two hours but we are breast feeding and he is a snacker. I would love to break him of that. At night he gets a formula bottle before bed. He can usually eat about 4-6 ounces. He goes to sleep pretty good at about 8 every night and wakes up between 12:30 and 1:30. I then feed him and he is back to sleep until about 4 am. He wakes up for the morning at 7 am. I would really like to get him down to only waking once a night. Someday... I hope. I've been working every day on getting him on a schedule. He is taking a morning nap in his crib now and his afternoon nap is sometimes in the crib and sometimes with me. Every day we get closer.

He is the best thing to happen to us. He makes us smile everyday. The love I feel for him is like nothing I've ever felt.

I haven't uploaded pictures from my camera but I this one is from my phone. Not the best quality but still cute.

Soon he will get his 3 month pictures done professionally. I can't wait.

3 comments:

Michelle Leigh said...

He's adorable Kim and you really sound like you are thriving as a mother! It changes your life for sure in every way possible (mostly good too!). Can't wait to see the pictures!

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

You were meant to be a mommy! I should come over later this week for a visit... maybe Thursday?

Robyn said...

It won't be too much longer until he's sleeping through the night. He is adorable.