May 13, 2011

Friday Night Leftovers




  • I babysat a little boy  the other day and he had a cold that I wasn't aware of when I agreed to watch him. Of course the next day Jake woke up sick. Snot and throw are two things that gross me out. One plus was Jake was really cuddly. I love that but hate when he is sick. 
  • I feel like I've got nothing accomplished this week. I haven't even started May's Photo Hunt  yet and it's May 13th. 
  • I'm excited to go shopping next week to pick out stuff for my partner for the Summer Must Haves Swap. My package will be a little hand made and a little store bought. 
  • I've been thinking a lot about Jake's vision this week. Some days I think he can see so good and then the next day he runs into the wall. It's such a mystery. I can't wait until he's a little older and can tell me what he sees (for those of you that don't know my son Jake is legally blind in both eyes). 
  • I'm very excited for next Friday. Jake and I were invited by a friend of mine(Casey) to a FEVR conference in Michigan. Casey  has a Daughter with the same condition as Jake and she has generously offered to let us accompany her on her family's private airplane. We are going to be able to meet the top FEVR doctors and listen to what they have to say and have a chance to ask questions. This for us is a HUGE opportunity and we couldn't be more grateful to Casey and her family for inviting us. I will blog about our trip next weekend. 
  • Great news. Mr.B and I got a camper. One of our favorite things to do is go camping and with a child it is hard to camp in a tent. We've been looking for a small pop-up fixer upper. We came across a great deal and couldn't pass it up. It needs some work but it is a great starter camper. We need to clean it up, get curtains, do some patching, new tires, sheets, etc.. Here are some pictures. 







I'll post more pictures as we get it fixed up and decorated. If anyone has tips on how to hang curtains in a pop up with no existing hardware I'm open for suggestions. 

3 comments:

Robyn said...

I hope you get lots of great info on your trip!!

Nice camper.

Dana said...

Nice camper! I'd love to get one. Also cool about the conference! I hope you learn a lot!

Leslie Collins said...

Keep us posted on your trip. What a great opportunity.

We would love to find a pop up for a great price, but have yet to come across anything.