May 18, 2011

Tonights Dinner- Southwest Chicken Bake


I thought I would share the recipe for the dinner that I made tonight because it was sooooo Yummy!!


Southwest Chicken Bake

You can't really tell how good it is by the picture of course so you will just have to make it  to see

 Preheat oven to 400

What you will need:

1 lbs of boneless chicken breast
1 cup sour cream
I can cream of chicken
½ package of taco seasoning
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1 package of Simply Potatoes Southwest Style
13x9 glass pan

(To cut the calorie and fat I use sour lean and reduced fat cheese)

·       In a large bowl mix together the entire package of potatoes, cream of chicken, sour cream (I used half regular and half light top the tater because I was out of sour cream and it was really good), 3/4th of your cheese.

·       Spray your pan with pam or what ever you have

·       Spread the potato mixture in the pan.

·       Rub chicken with taco seasoning.

·       Place chicken over potatoes. Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes.

·       Once done take foil off and sprinkle remaining cheese over chicken and bake until melted.

Serve with a side of sour cream or salsa or both

Enjoy!!


4 comments:

Leslie Collins said...

It sounds easy and delish. That is definitely my kind of meal. THanks for sharing the recipe. I may have to add this to next weeks meal plan since I am back at it!! :)

Ang said...

looks delish - I'm bookmarking it for future use! I'm ALWAYS looking for ways to use chicken and make it different!

Kristi said...

Looks great! I would also spice it up by adding a can of green chiles. Yum!

Dana said...

It's not even 10 am and I want to eat that now! Looks so good and easy to make!