Sep 12, 2017

Annual Eye Exam

Jake,

Since you were 5 months old you have had people messing with your eyes. Not only have you had to go under anesthesia every 3 months for your eye exams but you have endured all the eye drops that, despite what we say, do sting. We were so happy after 6+ years that your surgeon felt comfortable with the stability of your disease to move you to in office visits.
I will never forget the day that first eye doctor told me you were blind.  I was terrified of what your future would look like. I am beyond proud of you, buddy.
I am happy to report we have another year with a stable eye report. I pray for year after year of inactive FEVR. I love you!!

For more information of FEVR click here.

3 comments:

Beth (Coffee Until Cocktails) said...

I hope he has a great eye exam and that it's stable right now! He's a tough kid and you're a great mom. <3 <3
Beth
The Beth Next Door

Shooting Stars Mag said...

I'm glad that he's progressing and can do office visits now!

-Lauren
www.shootingstarsmag.net

jenn said...

i've had three surgeries on my eyes, two of which were in infancy. i loathe the eye doctor. and i have my vision, such as it is. i imagine you and your son have loathed needing to visit the eye doctor so frequently. i know how thrilled you are that you get to go a whole year without having to do so. i'm glad for this.