Sep 15, 2017

What's Up Weekend? September 15th, 2017


I haven't linked up with LindsayBeth and Charlotte for a What's Up Weekend post in a long time. These posts are important to me because it helps me STOP for a minute and reflect on what makes me happy. Our summer has been fun and busy. The days, weeks and months are flying by. One week from fall and I welcome it with open arms. I love the cool air and the colors of the leaves changing. Today in Minnesota it is going to be 90. So it doesn't feel like fall is around the corner.

Here is a list the 10 things that made me happy this week.

1) Jake coming home everyday from school so excited to tell me all about his day.
2) Playing go fish with Jason and Jake after dinner.
3) New mascara.
4) Lecy from A Simple Grace shared a link about Jake Olson who is a blind USC Football snapper. As a Mom of a visually impaired child, this really touched me. Check it out here. 
5) This week flew by... That makes me happy.
6) Setting up Jake first play date for this weekend with his favorite new friend. He is so excited!!
7) I ordered some back splash samples. We are finally making steps to finish our kitchen. I swear the projects are never ending.
8) Finding a new short cut to Jake's daycare that cuts about 5 minutes from my drive time.
9) I'm an HR nerd and I just joined a local chapter. I attending my first meeting this week and I am excited for this networking opportunity.
10)Sunshine

What made you happy this week?

8 comments:

Mia said...

Aw, I was an HR nerd, too, for a long time. I don't work in the industry anymore, but I so loved it. :)

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Emily said...

It looks like you had a great week! I'm so happy that Jake is always excited to tell you all about his day at school. I hope you have a great weekend.

Shooting Stars Mag said...

I'm glad Jake is loving school - and I hope his play date goes well this weekend!!

-Lauren
www.shootingstarsmag.net

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear Jake is doing well in school. That's always a good feeling. Can't wait to see what you do with your kitchen. I'm a sucker for remodeling jobs! :)

mypixieblog said...

The weather has been messing me up lately. One day it's warm and humid and nearing 90, next day it's cooler and rainy and inexplicably miserable. I want the fall and pumpkin everything again!!

Happy news from jake warms my heart. What a good kid he is, and I hope he enjoys his play date!!

Have a lovely weekend, momma! Xoxo

Crystal said...

What mascara are you using? I need to get a new one soon!

Beth (Coffee Until Cocktails) said...

Not loving that warm weather! Other than the rain today is much more to my liking! Yay for Jake making friends! What mascara did you get? I need to buy some new stuff too.

Anthea said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful week. So glad Jake is enjoying school and making friends.