Sep 25, 2017

Weekend Recap-September 25th, 2017

Every Friday night we watch Jason's son Camdin play football. It's bittersweet for Jason because it's Camdin's senior year and he only has a handful of games left. 
They played Brainerd and pulled off a 6-0 win. It was a nerve racking game but defense was on point. Not only was it homecoming but it was the first time Sauk Rapids won against Brainerd. 

The team singing their school song after the big win.

Saturday morning we headed up to Fargo. This is our 3rd or 4th time in Fargo this summer and when we always stay at the Element Hotel. We absolutely LOVE it there. I highly recommend this place. They are eco-conscious and every room is a suite.

Saturday Afternoon we hung out in the lobby and watched college football on the curve TV. Jason was in heaven. 

Then a little more football in the hot tub. 

We had an amazing dinner at Tru Blu. This is our second time eating here and once again it didn't disappoint. The last time we ordered pretty much every app on the menu, this time we had dinner. It was amazing. 

Jason's Step Dad Steve, Niece Kylee and his Mom Laura




The purpose of our trip was to celebrate Jason's Nephew's Birthday's. Dawson turned 4 and Wyatt turned 3. For some reason I didn't snap photos of the Birthday celebration. Strange for me, I know. 

After dinner Jason's Sister and Nephew Dawson stopped by to swim and visit. Dawson loves Cooper. 

We are lucky to find a hotel that allows us to bring our little backseat driver with us. 

Another great trip in the books. As much as I love all the traveling this summer, it will be nice to spend some weekends at home. Next weekend, DIY projects on the house. That should be interesting. Stay tuned....


6 comments:

Shann Eva said...

What a gorgeous hotel! I love the big screen near the hot tub too. It's so nice you got to spend some time with family. And awesome football game win!

Beth (Coffee Until Cocktails) said...

I love high school football! And that sounds like a fun trip to Fargo! I have never been there before if you can believe that!
Beth
The Beth Next Door

Kimberly said...

The dog in the backseat cracks me up!
What a hotel man! Sign me up for a weekend getaway there! It looks so relaxing! I remember my last days of playing softball and basketball during my senior year. It was so bittersweet. Enjoy it!!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Congrats to Jason's son on the win! That's awesome.

Ooh that hotel looks great -and I could use a nice hot tub right about now. LOL

-Lauren
www.shootingstarsmag.net

mypixieblog said...

That hotel looks amazing! Love an eco-conscious hotel that is also dog friendly! Big win in my book :) looks like you had a blast and enjoyed a mini getaway—so important!

Xoxo and hope you have a great week ahead :)

Emma and Rose said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. I love that there's a TV at the pool.