Sep 5, 2017

South Dakota Trip

It's been a busy summer for us. Most of our weekends have been filled with family visits. If we aren't traveling to North Dakota or South Dakota to visit Jason's family they are at our house. That is a big reason I haven't been as active on my blog this summer. 
This past weekend we traveled to South Dakota to celebrate Jason's Mom's birthday and Labor Day. Jason's sister and her kids were also there, so the weekend was filled with family, food, and lots of laughs. Of course if you know me you know that I always have my camera in hand to document every thing. 


Jake LOVES Jason's niece Kylie. Where ever she is he isn't far behind. Sometimes I have to remind him to give her her space. 

This weekend we discovered Jake's love for the sand box. It's not that he's never played in one but he's never shown a big interest in them until recently. He played in it for hours.  Jason was already googling how to build a sandbox as we drove home. :)



Sweet Dawson
 Jake and Wyatt playing. The reason Wyatt's always blurry is because he doesn't sit still long enough to get a good picture.




 Grandma and Kylie looking at Grandma's birthday gift from us. 

We took a field trip to The Children's Museum of South Dakota on Sunday. It was a beautiful day for it and only a 45 minute drive. 




The museum is set up in stations. This was the mechanic shop. They had pretend work orders the kids could follow. It was so cute to watch the kids fixing the cars.



Jake thought this station was so cool.
He's a big kid


I think out of every stations the restaurant was his favorite.  
What can I get for you, kind Sir?


Playing Grocery Store.

Water Station



Jason's sweet niece Sydney
 Sydney and Kylie. Beauties!




We heading back to town after a long day and had an early supper. Then the kids all got ice cream. 



Relaxing after a fun day!

We had such a great weekend. It is so important to me that Jake has a great childhood filled with fun, family and great memories. This weekend was definitely all of those things. 

10 comments:

Beth (Coffee Until Cocktails) said...

I am so glad it was such a wonderful weekend! The Children's Museum in South Dakota looks amazing, I will have to plan a trip out there sometime so we can check it out!
Beth
The Beth Next Door

Unknown said...

OMG, how cute!!! These pictures are all amazing. I'm kind of dying at how adorable that children's museum is! I wonder if we have something like this by me... my bf's niece's would LOVE that (the car part and the grocery store!!! That would have been my favorite as a young kid. I used to love pretending to ring up customers).

:)

Hope you have a great week, my sweet!

Shann Eva said...

Looks like a fantastic weekend! I love all the cousins playing together. That museum also looks awesome. The mechanic shop is my favorite!

Shybiker said...

What fun! Love the pictures. The museum is so cool. Now I want to play in a sandbox. :-)

Crystal // Dreams, etc. said...

Your pictures are so fun! It looks like everyone had a great time!

Midnight Cowgirl said...

Looks like it was a nice family weekend!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Such fun memories! That's great your son will have all these family moments to look back on - and more to come of course! :) Glad you had fun at the children's museum.

San said...

Love, love, love family! What fun!

Anthea said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful time!
That museum looks amazing with the different stations.

The Flynnigans said...

Such great pictures of Jake. And Jason seems to be tolerating more photos. That's progress. :) Looks like you guys have had such a good time down there. Would love to visit that state someday.