Oct 13, 2008

Happy Monday!!

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was ok.

Friday night Mary asked me to babysit so her and Troy could go to a work function. I told her that I would come over on one condition, that she be home at 11:30 so that I could be home when Brent got home from work. Since he works nights I only get to see him sleeping in the morning. She agreed so I went over to watch the kids. Chase was surprisingly naughty. He is normally is such a sweet boy but he had a few tantrums. Oh well we all have our days. He settled down and we watched a movie together. Of course Taylor was easy as she always is for me. She just played in her room with her pet shop toys. After getting the kids to bed I passed out for a little while and was woken up by my phone ringing. It was Brent wondering where I was. I looked at the clock and it was 12:15. Boy was I upset. Mary and Troy got home around 12:45. Needless to say I was NOT HAPPY.

Saturday Brent and I went to get some breakfast before going to register. My Sil Lori created a spreadsheet with everything that I needed to register for, what store it was at, notes on each product and how much I would need of each thing. Isn't she amazing!!
I can't even tell you how much this helped us. I was a little lost but without this spreadsheet I would have been running around pulling my hair out. We picked out our crib and changing table. It's all starting to feel more real and I can't even tell you how excited we are for our baby to be here.

Sunday Brent worked on the garage for our upcoming move which is this Friday. We are going from a large two car garage to a small one car garage and a shed. The garage would be my only complaint about our new house. Brent has a lot of stuff like tree trimming gear, fishing stuff, grills, tools, etc. I just hope we can neatly organize it all to fit in the shed so we can store the car in the garage. I'm crossing my fingers. While B was working in the garage. I worked on organizing all my stuff which I never unpacked from when I moved in with B. I knew that we would only be in this house for a short period so I just left all my stuff in boxes and only unpacked my clothes. As I was going through all my boxes I found a few of Gizmo's Halloween costumes and made him model them. I wish that I would have taken pictures. It was so cute. He is such a funny dog. He hung outside all day with B. He sat in the truck the whole time. He loves going on rides. I couldn't get him to come out.

This was a long and boring post and if you made it through it I applaud you.

Have a great Monday!


Fishsticks and Fireflies said...

Yeah for registering! And how helpful to have the spreadsheet - I think we must have altered our registry with Cooper almost a dozen times to get all the necessities on there.

Finally unpacking all those boxes should be fun - I did the same thing when we moved from CA back to CO, unpacking only a few boxes of clothes (I was 5 months pregnant with Maren at the time) and a few pictures. Finally moving into our house was like Christmas! Good luck and take it easy!

Kristi said...

Ummm...who meets with clients until 12:45am???? I'd be PO'd too!!! Maybe that is why no one ever asks me to babysit....

Stephanie Evelyn said...

OMG!! I would be soooo mad. I mean that was your ONE condition... UGH! Hey I wish this weekend would have worked, but you sound like you were really busy. Hopefully we'll do it soon. I can't lift to help move, but I can always come with Melissa and help in some way. Let me know.

Stephanie Evelyn said...

Oh yeah, and I am always entertained by your posts. I mean all of mine are long and boring, but I'm trying slowly start doing things like pictures and such.... I'll get there. But I LOVE reading yours!!

Robyn said...

can I just recommend the combi pack and play. I had this set up in our living room for 2 years the basinet was so nice when she was a baby and it was nice to have the changer.
I got mine at burlington coat factory, but I just wanted to show you a photo.