Apr 28, 2011

Recipe-Last Nights Meal

I had some requests for the recipe for last nights dinner 


I'm bad at recipes. I'm a concoction girl. I usually try a bunch of things until I get it right. Ask Mr.B. It's sometimes a nightmare.

For the chips:
Set oven for 425
I sliced them with my cool slicer from the fair(I knew I would use that thing).

  • Cut the potatoes  and soak the slices in a bowl of water to remove some of the starch (it helps them crisp up).
  • Place the slices on a paper towel to remove the excess water. 
  • Returned them to the bowl and tossed them with a little olive oil(not too much because it will cause them to burn) and grated parmesan cheese. (I'm thinking these would be really good with some coarse sea salt on them but I didn't have any)
  • Spray the cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray and lined them up flat. 

I cooked them for about 20 min but you really need to keep an eye on them at the end. If they get too brown they will have a burnt taste to them. I did flip the potatoes once in the middle of the cooking process. We dipped them in top the tater (light) Yummy!!

Panko Crusted Chicken:

I put these in the oven along side the potatoes. If you are a timer kind of girl I think it was about 20 minutes. I follow no directions that's why some of my food turns out to be a nightmare.

1lb Chicken Tenders
2 Eggs
Panko Crumbs
Seasonings (Be creative, I just throw a bunch of stuff in there)
Cookie sheet
Wire Rack

  •  In one bowl I beat 2 eggs in another bowl I mixed about 1 1/2 cups of panko crumbs with a bunch of different seasonings. I think I used garlic salt, black pepper, lawyrs, salt. If you use plain panko crumbs it can turn out really bland so season well and taste the crumbs. I think you can buy flavored crumbs if you don't want to mess with the seasoning.
  • I didn't have any flour but if you have some you can coat the chicken in flour before this next step. I didn't and it was fine but some people like it that way
  • One at a time coat the chicken in the egg and then place in the crumbs.
  • Place on a wire rack. I put a wire rack over a cookie sheet. I highly recommend this because it makes the chicken crispy on both sides. 
  • Bake for about 20 min or until no longer pink. 
If you try this recipe let me know how it turns out. 




2 comments:

Dana said...

I've made the same dinner before. I used Italian flavored panko crumbs last time but I used flour too to help with the coating. I used BBQ sauce to dip them in. As far as the potatoes, I have a mandolin (slicer) and that thing is the best for everything! Perfect slices every time.

Michelle Leigh said...

Yum, I have this on my menu! Hopefully my kids will gobble it up!