Mar 21, 2017

March Lately



Reading Lately:



I decided to learn everything I can about the Ketogenic Diet to see if it's for me. I have a family member that has had great success and also a fellow blogger. I am not jumping into this blindly. I want to make sure I do all my research. I understand this way of eating might cause some people to judge me but what works for one person doesn't always work for another. For now I will describe the way I eat as low carb/no sugar. I will blog more about it in the future success or failure. No bullshitting.

Watching Lately:



I know I have found "The One" because I am completely ok with watching Sports Center with my sports obsessed boyfriend. Last weekend we spent the night watching Super Cross and I didn't mind at all as long as we were spending time together.

Playing Lately:



Watching my boys (and my baby girl Cooper) playing is something that brings me such happiness. Jake loves Mr. J and we are very lucky to start this new chapter of our life with him


Eating Lately:



Easing into a low carb/no sugar way of eating. I'm 3 weeks in and down 8lbs. I feel great. Stay tuned.

Drinking Lately:

My usual drink of choice is prosecco but since it has too much sugar in it I have switched to La Croix and Vodka. It is Yummy and refreshing.

Craving Lately:



French fries and ketchup seems to be the only thing I miss. I used to be a girl that put ketchup on everything. Eggs, Pizza, Mac and Cheese. I never realized how much sugar it has in it. Oh how I miss you, sweet Ketchup.


I got this great idea for March Lately from Divya at Eat Teach Blog. Link up here. 


8 comments:

Divya @ EatTeachBlog said...

I feel like we'd be BFF in real life. All I want is vodka, La Croix, and french fries ALL THE TIME.

Let's pick a day next month and do a link-up for April Lately!

Chrissy said...

Mmh, French fries with ketchup sounds delish! We even put mayonnaise on French fries here in Europe. I know it sounds gross to most Americans but it's really good! :)

Crystal said...

La Croix is the best! I've never thought of mixing it with vodka... I'll have to try that!

Beth (Coffee Until Cocktails) said...

I love La Croix! I found an alcoholic version of something that is similar to La Croix at the liquor store, it's low calorie and not too high in alcohol, I"ll have to look up what it is called. I got the lime flavor and it's actually pretty good!

Erin of TexErin-in-SydneyLand said...

I drink sparkling water over still water all day, every day. I think I might need to try it with vodka ;)

Why Girls Are Weird said...

When you say low carb, what kind of carbs are you still allowing yourself to take in? I know I need to do something like that - I love carbs and sugar. But I've been feeling ick lately.

Also, La Croix = love. What's your favorite flavor?

Kristi said...

Low carb really works! I need to be more dedicated to this lifestyle. My mom has been doing it 14 yrs now!!

The Flynnigans said...

Hey girl,

You and Divya are the inspiration for a new link up we'll likely be doing at the beginning of every month, so thank you for that. :)

Good luck on your keto diet. It really is life changing and you'll find in time, you'll not want to go off of it because your body feels so much better keto. As a mostly paleo devotee, I'm looking forward to reading more about your journey. :)

Have a great day hun!